Dr. Mark Hyman’s 10‐Day Challenge Meal Plan2016-06-25
Breakfast: Dr. Hyman’s Whole Food Protein Shake
This shake will power you through the hardest and longest of days. It is 100% whole, fresh, real food, with a spotlight on healthy fats and potent antioxidants from the blueberries.
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/4 lemon with rind (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsps chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 walnuts
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tbsp extra–‐virgin coconut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. If the shake is too thick, add more water until you reach a thick but drinkable consistency. Makes one shake.
Lunch: Dr. Hyman’s Super Salad Bar
- Choose a green base: arugula, spinach or mixed salad greens
- Choose three vegetables: red, green or orange bell pepper, celery, mushroom, snap peas, jicama, carrots, radish, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onion, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, parsley, dill, cilantro, mint.
- Choose one healthy fat: 1/4 avocado, 2 tablespoons nuts or seeds (walnuts, almonds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds), 2 tablespoons olives (Kalamata)
- Choose one serving protein (4 ounces): salmon, sardines or shrimp (wild fresh or canned), diced chicken or turkey, cubed tofu or tempeh
- Choose your dressing: 2 tablespoons tahini with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
Dinner: Nourishing Entrees with Aromatic Greens
- Choose a green base: Broccoli, asparagus, arugula, spinach, kale or chard. Steam or lightly sauté with some garlic and oil.
- Add 4–‐6 ounces of protein (choose from below)
Protein Options: Chicken, turkey, salmon, shrimp, scallops, grass–‐fed meat, canned salmon, sardines or herring, hard boiled omega–‐3 eggs, tofu or tempeh.
Snacks: Quick Creamy or Nutty Snacks
- Choose either: Creamy tahini, hummus or tapenade with sliced raw veggies of choice (see salad bar options for ideas)
- Or: 1/4 cup mixed nuts (raw if possible) like almonds or walnuts.
The 10–‐Day Detox Diet Meal Plan Allowances
Unlimited Non–‐Starchy Vegetables Allowed: Arugula, artichoke, mushrooms, Swiss chard, asparagus, dandelion greens, mustard greens, tomatoes, bean sprouts, eggplant, onions, turnip greens, beet greens, endive, parsley, watercress, bell peppers (yellow, red or green), fennel, radishes, celery, broccoli, garlic, radicchio, chives, Brussels sprouts, ginger root, snap beans, collard greens, cabbage, green beans, snow peas, jalapeno peppers, cauliflower, hearts of palm, shallots, kale, summer squash, zucchini, spinach and lettuce
Approved to cook & season meals with: Coconut oil, olive oil, nut butters, nuts & seeds (hemp, chia, flax, pumpkin & sesame), coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk, balsamic vinegar & apple cider vinegar, low–‐sodium vegetable broth, Dijon mustard, sea salt & black pepper, turmeric, cayenne, thyme, rosemary, chili powder, cumin, sage, oregano, onion powder, cinnamon, coriander, cilantro, paprika and parsley