Christine’s Favorite Pumpkin Muffins2015-11-28
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Breads, Breakfast/Brunch, Snack
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy, Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 14 muffins
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- 1/2 c butter or margarine
- 3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 c flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/4 c raisins (I substitute: 1 bag chocolate chips -YUM!)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease muffin pan or use paper liners.
With an electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine until soft.
Add sugar and molasses and beat until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and pumpkin and stir until well blended.
Sift over the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in until just blended; do not over mix.
Fold the raisins (or chocolate chips) into the pumpkin mixture until just evenly combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling them 2/3 full.
Bake for 12‐15 minutes, until the tops spring back when touched lightly (or a toothpick comes back clean). Serve warm or cold.