- Servings : 4
- Ready In : 30m
- 3/4 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (I use thighs), cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or garlic paste)
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts separated, cut into 1" pieces (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the cashews on a baking sheet in one layer, and toast the cashews until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat vegetable oil over high heat until very hot. Add the chicken and stirfry until lightly browned and mostly cooked through, about 6-10 minutes. Add garlic to the skillet and white parts of scallions (if using) in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Turn the heat down to medium and add the rice vinegar; cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and water. Stirfry about 1 minute to finish.
Remove from heat and stir in scallion greens (if using), cashews, and sesame oil. Serve immediately with rice.