Baked Meaty Cheesy Rigatoni2016-01-26
- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1m
- 1 pound dry rigatoni
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, lamb, turkey, or chicken
- 1.5 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons italian spice mix
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the rigatoni for 8 minutes, then drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat, for about 20 minutes.
Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a 9x13 baking dish, layer as follows: 1/2 of the rigatoni, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining rigatoni, mozzarella cheese, and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven (if you want it extra juicy, cover it with foil until the last 10 minutes then finish uncovered). Cool slightly and serve with home made bread!